The Alpena High School Science Olympiad team will advance to the state championship after coming out on top against five other high schools for the 31st Annual Regional Science Olympiad at Alpena Community College.
The Wildcats won 14 of the 23 STEM-related events, and will compete against other winning regional teams in Lansing on April 28th.
Below are the Wildcats who earned three or more gold medals:
- Samantha Tadian (1st in Disease Detectives, Anatomy, Microbe Mission)
- Ashwin Chapamohan (1st in Herpetology, Rocks and Minerals, and Towers)
- Kevin Cook (1st in Herpetology, Helicopters, Rocks and Minerals)
- Jenna Peterson (1st in Chem Lab, Helicopters, Forensics)
- Bradley Thompson (1st in Remote Sensing, Material Science, and Towers).
Junior high students also competed in the regional tournament. Alpena-Area Christian Homeschoolers won first place.