United Way opens 2022 Community Investment Partnership Grants applications
ALPENA, Mich. — Applications for the 2022 Community Investment Partnership Grants from United Way are now open.
Applications are available online at www.unitedwaynemi.org or can be requested by contacting United Way of Northeast Michigan at 989-354-2221 or via email to email@example.com with the subject application. If applying for more than one program/project, a separate application for each program/project must be submitted. Application(s) are due by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 30, 2021.
Organizations seeking funding are asked to be reasonable in their financial request regarding the program or programs they are seeking funding.
For more information contact Joe Gentry, Executive Director of the United Way at 989-354-2221 or stop by their office at 108 Water Street, Alpena.
Gentry said United Way is looking to fund any program that is towards education, health, income, and any basic needs.
Eligibility guidelines are as follows:
- Agencies/organizations must be non-profit and have a 501(c)(3) status from the IRS
- Agencies/organizations must provide human service programs/projects
- Agencies/organizations service area(s) must be Alpena, and/or Alcona, and/or Montmorency Counties
- Agencies/organizations must be incorporated under the laws of the State of Michigan, or other jurisdictions meeting Michigan standards, as a non-profit entity for a period of no less than two (2) years
- Consideration will be made for funding programs of schools and governmental organizations, as long as they are specific and discreet programs/projects and not covered by tax funds
- New or existing programs can receive funding as long as they meet UWNM criteria
Programs/projects must meet one or more of the four (4) funding areas:
- Education – Preparing children to enter school and graduate from school.
- Health – Increasing access to health care, nutrition, and health environments.
- Income – Increasing individual and family financial stability.
- Basic Needs – Dedicated to providing a secure existence to all individuals by assisting them with the basic needs in life; food, clothing, shelter, utility services, etc.