ALPENA, Mich. — The 4th Annual Rockport Rugged triathlon is less than two weeks away. It’s the most rugged off-road triathlon in the midwest and it’s right in our own backyard. All fees go back to the Rockport State Recreation Area. This years race starts on August 17 at 8 a.m.
Beginner and advanced athletes are all invited to be a part of this inaugural race. Distances include (Relays offered for Olympic and Sprint Triathlon):
- Olympic Tri – 1000m swim, 15.1 mi MTB., 5.6 mi trail run
- Sprint Tri – 500m swim, 8 mi MTB., 5k trail ru
- Olympic Aquabike: 1000m swim, 15.1 mi MTB.
- Sprint Aquabike: 500m swim, 8 mi MTB.
- Sprint KayaTri: 2 mile Kayak/Paddle Board, 8 mi MTB., 5k trail run
Athletes can sign up for the triathlon here: https://register.chronotrack.com/r/45769