ALPENA, Mich. — Larissa Liska anchored for the last time at WBKB. The sports anchor is headed to Columbus, Georgia at WLTZ where she will anchor, cover high school and college games. Her time in Northeast Michigan has been special, and could not be completed without picking some of her top plays and game memories.
- Alpena hockey ties Detroit Country Day 1-1 on a Kyle VanDusen goal with 0.07 seconds left.
- Rogers City’s Brooke Saile hit her first career home run to help the Hurons top the Onaway Cardinals 7-0 in the regional final. The homer was hit one day after Saile’s grandmother passed away.
- Alpena’s Chris DeRocher breaks the school’s basketball all-time scoring record with 1,625 points.
- Au Gres-Sims won their first playoff game and trophy, advancing to the 8-man state semifinals.
- Alpena juniors Gabe Bullis and Eli Winter win championship titles at the Division 1 State Track Meet.
- Oscoda’s Brayden Mallak and Owen Franklin break school’s career assist and three-point record in the same game that the team broke the school’s record for most wins in a season at 17. That marked Oscoda’s first Big Dipper League win since 1991.