- Created on Wednesday, 02 May 2012 05:27
On Call – TV Production Technician
Overview: On call technicians are utilized to backfill open production crew positions for News and local programming. On call technicians have a strong technical aptitude and excellent dependability, as well as a willingness to adapt to the needs of a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work on offline projects or the live show in the technical role assigned
- Set up and prepare studio for live and taped productions
- Operate studio cameras
- Control audio levels
- Retrieve play out video files for live news
- Operate teleprompter
- Maintain the studio and control room by keeping the area clean and reporting equipment issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma
- Capable in a high-pressure environment both independently and with a team
- Strong technical aptitude
- Competent to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Punctuality and reliable attendance
- Dependable self-starter
- Positive attitude
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
WBKB-TV is seeking motivated students for internships in the Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters to shadow anchors and assist with daily duties in the newsroom. The position requires a student who is dedicated and expresses strong interest in the broadcast journalism field. The position requires the student to receive credit for the internship. There will be also opportunities for interns to practice editing news packages and shooting stand ups.
- Must come in 2 days a week for a minimum of 4 hours each day and log hours
- Will conduct beat calls
- Will shadow anchors in their daily responsibilities
- Assist with writing
- Other duties as assigned
Contact for Internship Program:WBKB-TV
(989) 356-3434 or
Dr. Mark Curtis
Vice-President of Instruction
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or any other protected status. Our policy of equal employment opportunity is to:
- Recruit, hire, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or any other protected status.
- Ensure that promotion decisions are in accordance with principles of equal employment opportunity.
- Ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, and other programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal opportunity.
- In carrying out its commitment to equal employment opportunity (EEO), the Company will make reasonable accommodation(s) for applicants and employees with disabilities who need and request such accommodations in order to perform the essential functions of the job. Employees requiring any reasonable accommodation should notify his or her supervisor or the General Manager. Individuals who request reasonable accommodations are expected to prove all information about the type of accommodation necessary or the actual functional limitations caused the employee's disability.