ALPENA, Mich. — District Health Department No. 4 (DHD4) is alerting the public to a possible COVID-19 exposure at several area locations. The only time DHD4 will alert the public to specific locations where an individual who has tested positive has been is when the contact-tracing team is unable to contact all of the individuals who may have been present. The health department wants to make the public aware of locations that may have allowed for exposure, therefore, making individual identification difficult.
The health department said individuals who were present at the listed County locations, at the designated time, have the potential for exposure:
- Pizza Hut, Alpena – September 5 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Charlie O’s Pizzeria, Hillman – August 30 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Dollar General, Hillman – September 4 from 1pm – 1:30pm
- Hunan Chinese Restaurant, Alpena – August 31 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Wood Winds Restaurant, Onaway – September 3 from 5. pm. to 6 p.m.
Individuals should monitor for symptoms consistent with COVID-19. If symptoms do not develop, there is nothing to be done. Those that develop symptoms within 14 days of the identified dates should contact their doctor and consider COVID-19 testing.
DHD4 continues to urge residents and visitors to:
- Wear a mask in public spaces, as required by Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order
- Maintain social distancing – at least 6 feet
- Avoiding large gatherings
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your face
- Disinfect commonly touched surfaces
For those who are experiencing issues accessing testing, COVID-19 At Home test kits are now available on the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services website. https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-99891_99912-531745–,00.html
Individuals may also visit the the manufacturer website: https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/at-home-test-kits/covid-19-test.
For the latest COVID-19 information, visit our website at www.dhd4.org/covid19.