ALPENA, Mich. — Alpena Public Schools (APS) has announced due to their staffing situation and the current trend of COVID-19, all elementary students and staff will be transitioned to 100 percent remote learning starting Friday, November 20. Live online instruction will not begin for elementary students until Monday, November 23. Students will return to school tentatively on Thursday, December 10.
APS also announced:
- All students will be sent home with Chromebooks today along with the student’s login information and schedule for live instruction.
- If you requested a paper/pencil packet, your school will contact you with details on when to pick up your student’s work.
- If you are in need of food during this time, you can pick up a three-day food bag at your school on Friday, November 20. After that, five-day food bags will be available for pick-up beginning Wednesday, November 25 and each Wednesday following during remote learning.
- Pick-up time for all schools from 11:00-12:00.
- Students in Grades 6-12: schedules for live instruction on Friday, November 20 remains the same. Learning Lab and food pick-up schedules also remain the same.
Remote instruction will not take place over the Thanksgiving holiday, which is November 26-27.