Alpena, MichiganLocal Weather Alerts
There are currently no active weather alerts.

Alpena family credits smoke detector saved them

ALPENA, Mich.,—One Alpena family says they’re thankful to be alive after their home caught on fire.

Annette Simpson says the fire started Wednesday night by the entry way from a candle.

She says smoke detectors were installed in her house years ago but still alerted her to the smoke.

Firefighter paramedic Andy Williams say, ” without smoke detectors this family could have had a tragic ending.”

Risk reduction office Andy Marceau encourages families to replace their smoke detector every 10 years.

Want to see more local news? Visit WBKB 11 News Website.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.